This article consists of some frequently asked questions on Magento
Magento is an open-source e-commerce software that is useful for online business and it has a flexible modular architecture. It offers an extensive support network.
It’s advantages –
1) It is open source software and scalable that offers small companies to build a business.
2) Its integration with other third-party sites is easy.
3) It provides searching and sorting of products in several different ways.
4) It allows customers to order or purchase any number of products.
2) Blue Host
3) Host Gator
6) Site Ground
and many others
Products are items that can be sold in Magento. Customers can sell or purchase products to fulfill their needs. Both physical products and services include products.
Inventory refers to the stock/ quantity of products. It is a collection of products that the business owns for future sales. It comprises the listing and counting of products.
Its main features are-
1) Magento allows the shipping of products to multiple locations in one order.
2) Different languages and tax rates are supported by Magento.
3) It has build-in SEO
4) It provides the user with different payment modes such as-
- Money orders
- Google checkouts
- Credit cards
Some of its disadvantageous are-
1) Sometimes it is slow compared to other e-commerce websites.
2) In an improper hosting environment user might face many problems.
3) Customized functionalities need a longer time to build.
Some of the designs are-
1) Dependency injection
3) Factory method
4) Abstract factory
It has different versions such as-
1) Magento Commerce
2) Magento Shipping
3) Magento Social
4) Magento Open Source
5) Magento Order management
6) Magento Business Intelligence
Differences are –
1) Magento 2 is faster and more user-friendly than Magento 1. Magento 2 supports the latest PHP that helps in improving the speed of the site.
2) Orders taken by Magento 2 per hour is more than Magento 1.
Magento makes use of MySQL and Maria DB for relational database management database and PHP as a web server scripting language.
The latest version is Magento Commerce 2.3.4 that released on October 8, 2019.
Magento CMS is used to manage pages of websites. It increases the visibility of customers by providing them complete information about the product and used to create rich content for your web store.
Ways for optimizing Magento –
1) It could be optimized using cloud computing.
2) Complex databases are used by Magento, so it needs to be run in dedicated servers.
3) Proper MySQL configuration is one of the most important aspects in terms of performance.
It is a directory of PHP and XML files related to specific business features such as shipping.